October 15th: Fairy Tale


THE GIRL WHO SAVED HERSELF



Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom ... so begins most of the fairy tales, but this one is quite different.



         The clock rings at 7:30 in the morning. The sun is already high in the sky in Santiago. The car noises has already begun when Cindy decides to get up. Her husband Phillipe is almost ready to leave for an important meeting at the multinational where he is the majority partner.

- Good morning dear, did you sleep well? - Cindy asks her husband.
- Good morning, yes I did. However, I am already late, so I cannot talk. Phillipe leaves in a hurry. 

Her days have been like this, after she got married at her husband's family castle in Romania, she moved to a penthouse in Santiago. They have a 5-year-old son named Cham. She has no friends, does not leave home, has not finished school, but is entitled Princess of Sinaia in Romania. But what is the point of being a princess if the happily ever after is not actually happening? 


         Phillipe is most of the time traveling on business and when he is at home, he does not give attention to his wife and child. Cindy cries every day missing her father and mother.



         Then, one day, Cindy decides to go to the beach in front of her house. She sits on the sand and feel the waves on her feet and the light sea breeze on her beautiful blond hair, making them fly. For a while, she stays there, alone, reflecting. Then, she gets up and decides to take a sea bath, she goes in, lets the waves take her away, her life goes through her mind and she closes her eyes ... until a voice female says it: 

- No girl! Not today! 

         Cindy opens her eyes and sees a woman who looks to be in her early 30s, she is wearing a weird outfit, and the woman pulls her out of the water. Already in the sand, Cindy looks at the woman and asks her: 

- Who are you and why did you get me out of the water?
- Lets say that today I was your fairy godmother! My name is Flora, nice to meet you! 

         Flora asks where she lives and helps her to get home. When they get at Cindy's apartment, Cindy starts to cry desperately. Flora asks why. 

Then, Cindy starts to tell her: My life has always been very hard. I lost my mother early and my father remarried, my stepmother treated me very badly, so did my two half-sisters. My father passed away shortly after they got married. Then, my life turned upside down, I became the housekeeper. One day, all the girls in the neighborhood were invited to a masquerade in the prince's castle, except me, it was as if I did not exist. I had a friend who used to bring vegetables every week to my house. He asked me to work as a server in the masquerade, I said yes, of course. 
         When I got in the castle, I was blown away. It was so beautiful. We were all in masks too. The ball started and I started serving the guests. I had the tray full of champagne glasses when I suddenly bumped into a man, he got soaked and I did not know what to do, I pulled him by the hand and led him to the restroom and tried to help him dry himself. He then took off his mask and I could see that it was the prince. I was so worried, but he was very nice and said I should calm down, because it was okay, we laughed and talked for a while. However, I had to go back to work. My friend was calling me.
         The night went by quickly. At midnight I went back home before my stepmother and sisters realized that I had left. A week later, the prince came to my house and I watched him from the kitchen window not understanding why he was there. He talked to my stepmother who called my two half-sisters. The prince looked at them and made a face a strange face, so my stepmother called me:

- Cindy bring a coffee for your majesty! 


        
When I arrived in the room, the prince looked at me and said: 

- Is that you? 
- Me? I am sorry? - I said. 

My stepmother said: 

- Don't mind her it is just our maid. - Come on Cindy!  Hurry up! 

The Prince stood up and said: 

- You are the girl who gave me the champagne bath. The one who laughed with me. The one who made that night the most beautiful of all with your smile. It is you! 

Immediately my face got as red as a tomato. After that day we started going out, we dated, we got married and came to live here. A few years later our son Cham was born. My life felt like a fairy tale, until he changed, he will not let me out, and he does not want me to work. I do not have friends, my life is this house and my son, my husband just shows up 3 times a month, I am unhappy. 

Flora heard that story and said:


- My dear, why do not you stop it all and start living? -  Life is so beautiful, but so short! Talk to your husband, be sure to live your dreams. 

Then, Cindy began to think of all she could have done if she had not gone to the ball that time. She cleaned her tears and texted the prince that they needed to talk. She looked at the sweet woman who helped her and asked: 

- How can I repay the favor you have done to me, not only in saving me, but also in opening my eyes?

Flora looked at her smiled and said: 

- My biggest reward is to see you smiling. I was watching you for a long time and wanted to help you somehow. You can own your own destiny; you can do whatever you want.

In the evening, the prince arrives and Cindy tells him everything. The prince in a rude tone says: 

- Did you forget you are a princess? Did you forget the good manners? Did you forget that before me you were nothing, nobody? - Everything I gave you, everything you have is thanks to me! Ungrateful! Forget this idea of ​​studying, having friends, you do not need it, you have me, that is enough! 

Cindy looked at the one who made her unhappy for a long time and said: 

- I might have no title, no money, no one, like you said, but I was free and could have won my happiness. 

         After that discussion, Cindy leaves home with her son and goes to live with her fairy godmother Flora, who happened to be the owner of the condominium. Cindy decides to study, go to college, follow her dreams, and fight for her happiness. 

She made her own happy ending!


1 comentários:

Anonymous said...

I like your style. Keep writing.

Post a Comment

 
;